CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

President Hinckley/Bucket List/My Testimony


Try a little harder to do a little better
is a famous quote President Hinckley once said. I've been thinking about his life this week. He dedicated his whole life to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was free to choose (as we all are in this life) what he wanted to do in life, and he chose to serve the lord. He loved Jesus Christ and had a firm testimony of him. It was clearly expressed through the volumns of service he rendered each day until his death at 97. He knew what true joy was. Joy is not found in the things we have or own that decay with time or are abandoned at death, but in the little acts of love and service we give to others. Jeewon and I went to the movies yesterday. We seen the Bucket List. This movie was about two men who were dying of cancer. They met each other in the hospital. Together they became friends, and made a list of things they wanted to do before they kicked the bucket! At first their list was all temporal, and then it became soon became spiritual. They realized that the things most important in life were not things! It was FAMILY and THEIR STRENGTH OF CHARACTER. One wonderful part of the movie was when they were contemplating life after death. The one said to the other there's a belief that when you die there will be two questions asked: 1."Did you find joy in life?", and 2. "Did you bring that joy to others?" After our family viewed President Hinckley's funeral, we knew he had fulfilled both of these questions. The love everyone had for this prophet of God was evident as we witnessed his funeral. HE LOVED AS JESUS LOVES, he was able to bring joy to others because he had so much joy to give. I loved this prophet, as I have loved the other prophets. They were all true prophets of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would like to bear my testimony. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real, their bodies are made of flesh and bones and that they love each of us very much. They have a plan for each of us that will bring us complete joy, if we choose to follow it. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the face of the earth. The other churches are wonderful, and have unbelievable members, but their doctrine has holes in it. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the full light and knowledge of the original church of Jesus Christ. There are no holes in this church. This church will guide us through the straight and narrow path back to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith restored this church and went through much tribulation even unto death choosing to be obedient to the our Father in Heaven and his son Jesus Christ in bringing this the only true church to the earth. I know the Book Of Mormon is the word of God. It is a perfect book that teaches us (with the help of the Holy Spirit) everything we need to know to gain exhaltation. I know Joseph Smith translated this book from gold plates with Heavenly Father's help. I know we are led by a true and living prophet now being President Monson. I will pray for and support this man of God to the upmost of my being, as like the other prophets the lord has ordained. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my brother, my Redeemer, the rock in which I am built. I could do nothing without him. I have complete faith that we will have joy in our lives and be able to give joy to others if we try a little harder to be a little better in following our Savior, Jesus Christ. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. What would be on your Bucket List?

No comments: