CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Beautiful! The Sedona Marathon

Yes! This week I completed my 21st Marathon in Sedona Arizona! I've ran a marathon in 4 states so far! I thought this would be an easy run, Ha, Ha! It was an out and back coarse, so everytime I went downhill, I knew I'd have to come back up! 1/2 of the coarse was on dirt the other half on asphalt and everything was either up or down, nothing flat! Even though the coarse was wicked (I have a blood blister the size of the Mt.Everest on the side of my right big toe), the scenery was drop dead gorgeous. Strawberry Clif blocks and prayer was the only way I got through this one, and of coarse imagining myself as a strong Apache Horse?! Your brain goes at about mile 23! It took me 4 hours and 14 minutes to complete, but I still came out with 3rd place in my age group. The winning time was 3:05, fast considering the coarse. Jeewon and Andrew were my travel companions. Sedona is famous for the red rock and unique rock formation that abound everywhere! We were able to make out snoopy, a coffee pot, 2 sisters, the madonna, a cathedral, chimney rock, and Charlie Brown, however we couldn't see the grasshopper at grasshopper point. Jeewon enjoyed the South entrance of the Grand Canyon(even though it was covered with snow), and the warm, sunny weather best. Andrew enjoyed the food, (dairy queen chocolate covered ice cream cones), and watching T.V. in the hotel, (king of the remote)! Not really, he enjoyed the hike we took around cathedral rock teasing Jeewon of rattlesnakes the whole way! We called our car the Yellow Submarine. It was a Chev Aveo, and the gas mileage was unbelievable. Andrew took it on the back roads where the pink jeep adventure tours go and it cruised through the rocky terrain and pot holes. The only problem was Jeewon, since she had to ride in the back, she squealed every time Andrew hit a bump and Andrew made sure he didn't miss one bump on the road! She was thankful to see asphalt again, and so was I, thank goodness for car rental insurance! I enjoyed Heavenly Father's creations! The hue of the sky in the morning, a blue that is only seen in dreams. The aiport sunset shadowing against the rock formations in ripples of golden light and the warmth of the terra cotta earth drawing you in to soak up its healing energy. The marathon was nothing in comparison for the love I felt for my Heavenly Father and his creations. Jeewon asked me how it was made, I told her, Heavenly Father and Jesus!

No comments: