CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

GROUNDED! The chronicles of pain!

Plantar Faciatis stinks! After last weeks marathon, I've had an annoying pain in the side of my foot. After being in denial thinking it would go away, yesterday I ran 10 miles! It was 12 degrees! My water I was carrying had ice crystals floating in it when I got home, and I couldn't keep my hands warm except by keeping them down my pants. I even had hand warmers?! Fun Huh! Anyway, my foot felt a little painful out on the run, but after one hour, I could hardly walk on it. I was so mad at myself for abusing the injury, I just thought it would go away. Anyway this morning I ordered some heel seats, that are guaranteed to take the pain away. They are orthodics that you stick inside your shoe. I hope they work, or Yakima Valley Marathon is extinct! One other note, Andrew came upstairs limping this morning too. I asked him what he did and he said played basketball with the Elders. His heel hurts so bad he's walking on tippy-toe. Plantar Faciatis strikes the second member of the Larsen Fam! I need to order him some heel seats! Andrew has it worse than me, he can't even walk. These lovely HOLLEY arthritic genes! Everyone beware out there, or PLANTAR FACIATIS might strike you this week! Andrew is so young to have this problem. PF comes from overuse, and I found a ton of exercises to do if you have it, so I'm grounded from running and it looks as if biking and rowing is my new hobby for a while! DANG!

1 comment:

DREA said...

Aunt Susie,
When are you coming to visit us again. You could do the Norfolk Marathon. I will find out when it is! Laurie always says that the bed in the room you stayed is Suzy's bed. Sorry about your heel hurting injuries stink. My fam is coming out next week hurray!!! Miss you
Drea check out my blog drea800.blogspot.com