CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Book of Mormon Questions

I love the Book Of Mormon and I know it is true. I know Heavenly Father inspired prophets long ago write sacred words and covenants that he wants each of us to know and learn. These prophets were inspired to write their wisdom, testimonies, and love for Heavenly Father and their people in this book. These writings help us in this day and age if we read them and act upon them. I have read this book many times, and everytime I read it I learn how much love my Heavenly Father and Jesus have for me and all mankind. The Book Of Mormon helps me realize that there is a plan for me, yes little old me. If I am obedient to God's will miracles unfold and joy permeates my entire being. Not just happiness or a temporary high, but true JOY!

How do I know the Book of Mormon is True? On the title page of the Book of Mormon, Mormon (who is one of the last prophets to write in this book) notes the purposes of the Book of Mormon. 1.to show unto the remnant of the House of Israel what great things the Lord hath done for their fathers; that they may 2.know the covenants of the Lord,3.that they are not cast off forever-and also to 4.the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE ETERNAL GOD, manifesting himself unto all nations....
Question: In what ways have you seen these purposes fulfilled in your life and in the lives of others? The Book of Mormon is another testament of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible is the word of God and the Book of Mormon supports that fact. The reading of both these books has given me a firm testimony of God and his son Jesus Christ. In return I have been able to share my testimony with others, of which I love and am truly grateful.
QUESTION: How has the Book of Mormon helped you "get nearer to God"? When I have hard times or trials in my life, reading the Book of Mormon gives me peace. For instance, one night I couldn't go to sleep. I kept thinking about temporal things. How am I going to pay my bills, what if I get sick and can't support my family,(I'm divorced), how am I going to keep up my house and yard etc. I picked up my scriptures and began to read. I came to a story in Alma. The sons of Mosiah decided to become full time missionaries. Their Father was concerned about them. He asked them how they would support themselves. They replied to their Father "God takes care of the lillies in the field and the birds in the sky, he will take care of us". I thought Heavenly Father knows of my fears and stop worrying, he will take care of me. How much closer can you get to your Heavenly Father and Jesus except through reading the scriptures.
QUESTION:What can we do to make our scripture study more meaningful? In our family we wake up early in the morning. 6:30 a.m. we begin reading. We usually start with a song, then a prayer asking for the spirit to be with us. We then read and discuss the scriptures. We try to get through 1 chapter a day, but we are not bound to this. I like to have discussions with the family on versus we read that pertain to our family situations. After we read we end with prayer. I believe this daily ritual has helped us get through each day prepared to tackle everything that comes our way. Prepare and defend your family through daily scripture reading.
QUESTION: What are spome passages from the Book of Mormon that have "cheered and comforted" you? 4 Nephi 1:15-18 After the Lamanites and Nephites walked and talked with the savior, they had no desire to do evil. They loved each and served each other like Christ. How wonderful the world would be if we loved each other like this? Moroni 8:16 Moroni wants us to be bold in all righteousness. He states: I fear not want man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear. Again perfect love or charity will always reign supreme.
QUESTION: In what ways has the Book of Mormon enlightened your understanding? The book is simple. It teaches concepts that are staight forward. For example, Laman and Lemuel were disobedient to their Father and the Lord, Nephi and Sam were obedient. Before Lehi their father died he bestowed all his rights and priviledges of the priesthood to Nephi because he was obedient, even though Laman was the elder brother. Simple truth: If you are obedient you will have peace and be blessed.

No comments: