CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

5th State Marathon! Yahoo Yakima!

Yes, I completed Yakima YAHOO! My time wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but with a head wind that made me feel as if I was running in place at times and the coarse being windey and slanted I figure I did A.O.K.! At mile 22 there was a hill that reminded me of Jackson Pass in Victor Idaho. I couldn't believe how long and steep it was for an entire mile and a half. My legs were shakey after that hill, and a cramp attacking me at mile 23 in my right achilles, OUCH! After massaging the cramp out I took it easy the rest of the way in. The rest stops did need to have some power gel of some sort, instead of Rice Krispie squares, M and M's and Gummi's. They did have gatorade and water however. The T-shirts were old fashioned but cute, and the medal was cute but very cheap. The expo, what expo? They did have a pasta party, but we didn't go, and a dinner after the race which we didn't attend either because Jayni needed to get home. The babies had had it! What I did enjoy was the people, they were so friendly, in fact an old lady was giving everyone hugs as they finished the marathon. It was so cute. She then handed all the female runners a rose. Very personable! I love small marathons because of this reason. The number that entered the race was 500, that's all! Small and quaint. (Probably because of the coarse, no record-breakers here)! I also enjoyed meeting runners from all over the world. The marathon runners here were die-hards. Most of them running 100 plus marathons! This marathon was their reunion marathon. I got alot of great ideas from them to complete my other 45 states! I also loved the beauty of the run. Running through a canyon with a huge river flowing at the side of you what's not to love? BEST OF ALL HOWEVER, WAS BEING WITH MY GRANBABIES AND JAYNI. I WAS SO THRILLED TO SEE THEM AT MILE 25. Jayni looked like she had just completed the marathon keeping those two little racals occupied for 2 hours. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! WHAT A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS PRESENT! THANK YOU JAYNI, JAKE AND KIDS!

2 comments:

DREA said...

I will come to your marathons in N carolina, w. virginia, washington d.c., maraland, new york, and any others near by
Congrats SUSIE

Brandy Jo said...

You're a strong woman. I don't know if I'll ever dare run a marathon. I only walk now. btw- tag...your it. check out my site for the details.